Your capacity to garner support, align objectives, and maintain open lines of communication can mean the difference between project success and potential roadblocks.
In such instances, a project's success and timely completion often hinge on your ability to forge productive collaborations with stakeholders.
The Project Landscape
- Understanding the Project Landscape
- Navigating the matrix environment
- Project manager as influencer
The Roadmap to Influence
- Identify and prioritize stakeholder relationships
- Clarify your goals and objectives
- Explore the world of key influencers & identify what matters to them
- Mirror & match work styles
Understanding resistance, decision making and choices
- Breaking through resistance – the major barriers to influencing others
- Decision-making traps
- Six principles of persuasion
Building Psychological Safety & Establishing Trust
- What is psychological safety?
- Setting the stage for candor and curiosity
- Inviting participation through designing structures
- Responding productively
- Establishing trust
Framing the Message
- The power of talk & mastering crucial conversations
- Making it safe when emotions run high
- Mastering your stories
- Four listening tools to encourage people to share
- Turning crucial conversations into actions
This course is targeted at leaders and members of teams who want to influence more effectively.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
For easier and productive collaboration with stakeholders over whom you lack formal authority, you will become equipped with the following competences:
- Enhanced conversational effectiveness
- Creating emotional safety in dialogue
- Improved narrative proficiency
- Skilful employment of listening techniques
- Transformation of conversations into tangible actions
Please contact the Training Team for the next available dates for this course. Register your interest by completing the form.