This 2-day Practical Project Management course covers the following:
Understanding Project Management framework and concepts:
- Project management framework & processes
- Project environment
- Project phases and development lifecycles
- The role of the Project Manager
Project Management knowledge areas:
Project Integration Management
- Developing a project charter & project management plan
- Delivering a project
- Implementing change control
- Closing a project
- Project Scope Management
- Collecting requirements
- Defining the scope
- Creating a work breakdown structure
- Managing the scope
Project Schedule Management
- Planning schedule management
- Estimating & sequencing activities
- Understanding a critical path
- Maintaining a schedule
Project Cost Management
- Cost estimation & control
- Determining a budget
Project Resource Management
- Resource planning
- Effort and resource estimation
- Motivational theories
- Team development & management
Project Communications Management
- Communication planning & management
- Working globally and remotely
Project Risk Management
- Risk identification & analysis
- Planing risk responses & risk control
- Implementing a proactive risk management culture
Project Stakeholder Management
- Stakeholder identification & analysis
- Effective communication with stakeholders
This course is ideal for:
- Aspiring project managers seeking practical guidance and tools for consistent project delivery.
- Functional managers juggling part-time project management alongside their primary responsibilities, benefiting from versatile tools and methods applicable to both roles.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
This course equips individuals with the ability to develop project charters, manage project scope, and plan and control project schedules and costs.
It also imparts skills in resource planning, team management, and effective stakeholder communication, fostering a proactive approach to risk management.
emagine has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training, and students who successfully complete this course are awarded a certificate from emagine.
Please contact the Training Team for the next available dates for this course. Register your interest by completing the form.