This 2 half-day sessions Project Management Essentials course covers the following:
- Explain the basic framework of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) 6th Edition
- Understand the 10 knowledge areas and five process groups as defined by PMBOK.
- Discuss the skills required to apply PM theory to real-life projects.
- Understand the elements that make good project scope management important.
- Explain the scope definition process and how to construct a work breakdown structure.
- Understand how to identify, analyze and prioritize risks by assessing their probability and impact.
- Learn to develop risk strategy responses and the creation of a risk register.
Stakeholders & Communication
- Identify the people, groups, or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project.
- Analyse stakeholder expectations, their level of influence on the project, and how to manage stakeholder engagement.
- Understand the importance of effective communication with your Stakeholders.
This course is designed for people new to working on projects. It introduces them to basic concepts and tools and templates to help them to contribute successfully to delivering projects.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
- Comprehensive PM Knowledge: Gain a solid understanding of PMBOK 6th Edition, encompassing 10 knowledge areas and five process groups.
- Effective Scope Management: Learn to define project scope, construct work breakdown structures, and control scope, ensuring project success.
- Risk Proficiency: Acquire skills to identify, analyze, and prioritize risks, develop risk strategies, and create a Risk Register for improved project risk management.
- Enhanced Stakeholder Engagement: Identify, analyze, and effectively communicate with project stakeholders, ensuring successful project outcomes.
This 2 half-day sessions program is approved by the PMI® and students who successfully complete this course will be awarded 7 PM Contact Hours or Professional Development Units (PDUs) which is documented via a PMI® REP® certificate from emagine Ireland.
Please contact the Training Team for the next available dates for this course. Register your interest by completing the form.